Arsia Takeh is a Director of Analytics at Precision Wellness, provider of the most
advanced cardiovascular analytic solution for population health management.
Previously, Arsia worked as a Data Scientist for an IBM business partner and an R&D
Engineer of a premier thermal management solutions company that provides solutions
for NASA, DARPA and other advanced governmental and non-governmental agencies.
He is a co-founder of RAH foundation an NGO working on raising awareness on STDs
and educating people to prevent Child Sexual Abuse in Iran and Middle East. He also
serves as an advisor to several Tech and Fin-Tech startups.
His educational background includes a MS and PhD in Computational Science from
Florida State University. He graduated with a Chemical Engineering degree from Sharif
University of Technology on 2007.
I, Arsia Takeh, understand that if I get elected as a member of the Board of Directors of Sharif
University of Technology Association (SUTA), I have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure
that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. I believe in the purpose
and the mission of the organization, and I will act responsibly and prudently as its steward. As
part of my responsibilities as a board member:
- I will interpret the organization's work and values to the community, represent the
organization, and act as a spokesperson. Especially in California, with focus on Bay
- In turn, I will interpret our constituencies' needs and values to the organization, speak out
for their interests, and on their behalf, hold the organization accountable.
Board and Committee participation
- I will attend and prepare for board meetings, committee meetings, and special events. I
will inform the board in advance of any meetings that I cannot attend.
- I will be an active member of at least one Committee or Task Force and will be willing to
take a leadership role on a committee or on the board.
- In addition to committee work, I will be willing to accept at least one individual initiative
to be determined in collaboration with the Chair and the Executive Director and to share
my professional expertise.
- I will actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
- I will be willing to solicit donations from individuals, corporations and philanthropies.
- I will work with the board to provide and extend the opportunities for members.
- I will excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest.
- I will maintain the confidentiality of board deliberations and will publicly support the
decisions of the board, including those with which I might have been in disagreement
- I will stay informed about what's going on in the organization and developments in fields
relevant to the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will
participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies, and other
matters. I will not stay silent if I have questions or concerns.
- I will encourage, enable and respect the participation and contributions of fellow board
- I will support, where possible, the recommendations of the committees.
- I will participate in the assessment of my own performance and the performance of the
board as a whole, recommend candidates for board nomination and be available to
mentor a new board member.
- I will respect and support the Executive Director’s authority, communicate ideas about
program or administrative activities to the Executive Director rather than to line staff,
refrain from making special requests of the staff and avoid discussion of personnel
matters with staff.
- I will work in good faith with staff and other board members as partners toward
achievement of our goals.
- If I don't fulfill these commitments to the organization, I will expect the board chair to
call me and discuss my responsibilities with me.