Workshop on Innovation & Entrepreneurship Management
Sharif University of Technology
December 13-15, 2011
38 engineers and scientists from local research centers, universities, and industries attended the above workshop which was organized by SUTA and Alumni Association of Sharif University. The objective of this workshop was to provide entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills required to lead and manage this dynamic process. This include an in depth understanding of various stages involved in this process from concept, to screening ideas, to product development, to marketing & business plan, and to financial and legal aspects of this process.
This workshop was presented by six invited speakers including four experienced alumni of Sharif University. Topics presented included the following:
- Basics of Inventive Thinking, Behrokh Khoshnevis, Engineering Professor, University of Southern California
- New Product Development Process, Farrokh Malihi, Managing Director, Fargol Group
- Entrepreneurial Business Planning and Finance, Hamid Najafi, Managing Director, Invensense International
- Technology Commercialization Strategy, Zahed Sheikholeslami, former Director of California Polytechnic, and Dean Iranian Business School
- Royalty Audits of Technology License Agreements, Keith Johanns, Managing Director, Quids, Ltd.
- The art of patent searching: Patentability, Validity and Infringement, Parham Fatehi, Patent Analyst, US PTO